Are you locating an efficient working rowing machine for your home use? Do you already have a fitness machine at your home but can’t work accordingly? Do you want to purchase gym equipment that will assist you in taking your exercise level so high?
If yes to all these questions, then you must own the best efficient fitness rower machine. As the rower machines are the most ideal option for you when it comes to the point of fitness needs. The rower’s machine not only gives you just one type of exercise, as it is a full-body workout machine.
There are additionally many types of rowing machines available in the market. Picking anyone may arise many difficulties as the rower machines are of four types. But if you ask us for the best one, then a water rower machine is the perfect option for your home use.
Although, the WaterRower machines are those machines that come up with a water tank alongside paddles for creating resistance. As the water rower machines are the quietest and calm equipment so that you can get this machine into your home.
And when it comes to the point of company selection, it also becomes a headache for all the newbie. Don’t worry, if you are here, that means you are in search of your desired product.
We know your needs and wants; that is why we come up with a list of high-quality machines that ensure to achieve your fitness goals in an efficient way. As quality is always the first priority of any purchaser, so we have listed the most durable and quality machines.
We are here proposing the fitness water rower machines presented by Xterra. So you don’t need to go anywhere in search of water rowing machines as we have reviewed the five best Xterra fitness water rower machines below.
|XTERRA Fitness ERG650W Water Rower|
|XTERRA Fitness ERG200 Folding Magnetic Resistance Rower|
|XTERRA Fitness ERG500 Air Turbine Rower|
|XTERRA Fitness ERG400 Air & Magnetic Resistance Folding Rower|
|XTERRA Fitness ERG700 Rower|
1. XTERRA Fitness ERG650W Water Rower
If yes, then XTERRA Fitness ERG650W Water Rower is a choice of many; therefore, it is considered as the best home rowing machine. It pleasures efficient burning calories while giving flexibility and developing strength into your body. Here I am going to provide you Xterra fitness erg650w water rower reviews for your ease.
Accompanies various major features that make it the best machine as compare to its related products. Include a multi-bladed impeller, an LCD display, a sturdy frame, flex pedals, and programmable modes for the best efficient use of this machine.
The multifunctional LCD displays every sneak peek of your workout and other additional information like a clock, room temperature, date, strokes per minute, total strokes, distance covered, calories burned, total time, and 500-meter time.
Moreover, XTERRA Fitness ERG650W Water Rower is also one of the easiest water rowers to store, when you are not using it, simply stand it up and drag it out of the way without any hassle. With dimensions of 33ft long X 22ft wide, it is suitable for even home usage.
- Multi-Bladed impeller Design:The best part about this rowing machine is its zen-like water movement that you can hear while doing exercise from its multi-bladed impeller. Moreover, XTERRA Fitness ERG650W Water Rower gives you the freedom to adjust the height and angle of the rower that suits you the most.
- Multifunctional LCD Display: The large and easy to read 5.5″ LCD comes with many motivating programs keeping you motivated while rowing and also keeps you updated with your goals.
- Strong Frame Design:When it comes to performance, XTERRA Fitness ERG650W Water Rower is also unmatchable because of its dual aluminum rail system. This aluminum rail system is designed to provide top-of-the-class performance with a smooth action.
- Flex Pedals: Furthermore, convenient stand-up design for storage of XTERRA Fitness ERG650W Water Rower alongside industrial handle strap, flex pedals with easy numbered adjustments make the rowing experience of this Water Rower top-notch that is why enlisted this rowing machine in best Xterra fitness rowing list.
- Programmable Modes: You can also choose many motivating programmable modes using this performance monitor.
2. XTERRA Fitness ERG200 Folding Magnetic Resistance Rower
This rower is one of the most affordable rowers that you can buy. But don’t let the price fool you because it comes packed with every feature that you can expect from a high-end rowing machine.
The dial resistance knob mounted conveniently right in front of you that allows you to adjust the eight levels of magnetic resistance so you can easily select the strength that suits you the most. The magnetic resistance system provides friction-free and smooth operation for a quiet and maintenance service.
There isn’t any denying that XTERRA Fitness ERG200 Folding Magnetic Resistance Rower is best for those who are seeking for a magnetic rowing machine for home-usage.
But if you are into the market for gym size magnetic rowers, then you can also look for several other Xterra fitness ERG models, including ERG 400, 500, and 700 rower models, every rower serves a different purpose. So you must do your research before purchasing any of the rowers.
- Class-Leading Design:The primary and most important thing in any rower is its frame and design. Like many other high-end and heavy-duty rowers, XTERRA Fitness ERG200 Folding Magnetic Resistance Rower comes packed with a compact frame design that folds up for secure storage.
- Sturdy Steel Frame:The best part of this XTERRA Fitness ERG200 Folding Magnetic Resistance Rower is its dual extended aluminum rail slide that is mounted on a steel frame. This steel frame design with dual extruded rails provides an extremely smooth and stable motion that doubles the pleasure of exercising.
- LCD Monitor:This rower comes with a large 3.7inch LCD monitors that display all the necessary information like stroke count, elapsed time, calories, total count, and scan.
- Adjustable Display Angle:Furthermore, you can also tilt adjustment for the angle of this display, which further increases the visibility and readability of the screen while doing fitness sessions.
3. XTERRA Fitness ERG500 Air Turbine Rower
Either you are a fitness geek or looking for an air turbine rower for gym usage, XTERRA Fitness ERG500 Air Turbine Rower can satisfy all of your needs without making a significant dent in your pocket. It is one of the best Xterra fitness rowers.
It accompanies an LCD monitor that helps you to monitor your performance level. Moreover, you canadjust the angle of this performance monitor to attain the best visibility angle while doing workout sessions.
Moreover, it features an adjustable resistance level with eight levels of easy adjustments for the proper regulation of air so that you will be able to pick your needed resistance level with maximum ease. The aluminum side rails of XTERRA Fitness ERG500 Air Turbine Rower provides an incredible and smooth motion that increase rowing efficiency by a considerable margin.
- Advanced Design Scheme:XTERRA Fitness ERG500 Air Turbine Rower features an advanced design of the air turbine that stimulates the real feel of rowing as of any water or magnetic rower. The best thing that we find in this rower is its performance monitor.
- LCD Performance Monitor:The performance monitor of XTERRA Fitness ERG500 Air Turbine Rower displays all the necessary information like time, distance, strokes per min count, calories, pulse, and a visual stroke display graphics.
- Adjustable Resistance Level:Like many other high-end rowers, XTERRA Fitness ERG500 Air Turbine Rower also comes with eight easy to adjust resistance levels that regulate the airflow out of the air turbine so you can easily select the level of airflow depending on your workout needs.
- Innovative Frame Design:The innovative frame design of XTERRA Fitness ERG500 Air Turbine Rower is also second to none; it easily folds up for secure storage and can also be transported whenever you want without any hassle.
4. XTERRA Fitness ERG400 Air & Magnetic Resistance Folding Rower
But don’t let the price fooled you because it comes with all of the advanced features that one can expect from a high-end rower machine. So now, let’s start reviewing XTERRA Fitness ERG400 Air & Magnetic Resistance Folding Rower without wasting any further time and find what makes it so desirable.
As it is another equipment from the XTERRA that comes to suit your needs of fitness levels. Like other XTERRA rower machines, this machine also features a rowing LCD display. This LCD display encourages you to do more and better for yourself as it displays your performance.
Additionally, it provides multiple resistance levels to bring out the best in you. You will be able to adjust its resistance level according to your needs of fitness. Moreover, its cushioned seat gives you maximum comfort during your exercise routine.
- Rowing Focused LCD Display:The performance Large LCD monitor of XTERRA Fitness ERG400 Air & Magnetic Resistance Folding Rower displays elapsed time, stroke count, calories, strokes per min and total watts to keep you updated with all the necessary information while doing workout sessions.
- Padded Row Handle:The best thing that we find in the XTERRA Fitness ERG400 Air & Magnetic Resistance Folding Rower is its padded row handle that provides a comfortable grip that allows for a longer and more intense workout without putting any strain on muscles.
- Molded Seat Design:Enormous molded seat expands solace and execution where flexible tie foot pedal rotates to assist you with keeping up an appropriate structure. Innovative and industry-leading folding design folds up for secure storage when not in use.
- Multiple Resistance Option:Be that as it may, the best and most prominent element of this product is its air and attractive consolidated obstruction. It accompanies 16 degrees of electronically controlled attractive opposition that joins with the smooth activity of an air fan to convey an amazingly smooth paddling experience.
5. XTERRA Fitness ERG700 Rower
XTERRA ERG700 Rower is top of the line, low impact, full-body workout rower that you can buy from Xterra.
Although this fitness rower comes with a hefty price tag, you will get what you will pay for, that is the distinctive part of this Xterra rowing machine from the rest.
Now without wasting any further time, let’s find out what makes XTERRA Fitness ERG700 Rower top of the line rowing machine.
This rowing machine comes to serve you with its multiple resistance design. It offers you 16 different levels of resistance for the proper exercising routine. Also, it features an adjustable height to make it according to your height.
- Air and Magnetic Resistance:First of all, XTERRA Fitness ERG700 Rower comes packed with the goodness of both worlds of air and magnetic resistance that delivers one of the smoothest experiences of rowing that one can dream of.
- Multiple Resistance Design:It offers 16 levels of resistance that stimulate the feel of rowing. The ergonomically friendly rowing handle is contoured so you can comfortably grip on it, and it is also padded for superior grip and feel. It comes with a full 80.7ich of travel length that makes it a full-size rowing machine.
- Adjustable Height:Furthermore, a 20inch frame height makes it easy to get on-off while doing rowing workouts. Either you are short height or long height person, this rowing machine makes the workout a breeze of ease without putting any strain on your muscles.
- Performance LCD Monitor:The best part about XTERRA Fitness ERG700 Rower is its console display. It features a large 5.5inch bright blue backlit display that has easy touch buttons to choose from 10 effective programs that offer a variety of workout on your fingertips.
Buyer’s Guide: How to Buy a Rowing Machine?
If you are going to purchase a rowing machine for the very first time, then you must go through this guide as it will provide you all the basic information of a rowing machine. Purchasing without doing any research is a foolish task you will make.
Several different companies are launching multiple types of equipment in the market by the name of the brand. So always be careful by the fake brands and always do research before going to purchase any equipment. Because it is about your health. And surely you never want to make any compromise on your fitness goals.
Figuring out that buying a rowing machine because of the multitude of benefits it will provide you is the natural part.
Trying to narrow down which one to get out of the dozens available on the market today is the problematic part. To make things much easier for you, I’ll go over the key steps you should follow that will show you how to buy a rowing machine.
· Step 1 – Determine if you have enough space
A typical rowing machine requires the same amount of floor space; an average two-seat sofa takes up, so make sure you have enough space.
Keep in mind that your back and head will be extended past the length of the seat rail when pulling the handle, so the more area you have available, the better.
· Step 2 – Determine your budget first
The price range for a rowing machine is 125$ – 4,200$, and there’s a lot to choose from, so determining a budget will naturally narrow down the field.
Never make a choice for a type of rowing machine that is just rich in style and price but not up to your fitness goals. Investing such a type of high-priced machine is nothing but a foolish thing you will ever do.
So it is very important to take notice of your budget and then search for the best budget rowing machines available in the market or online. In this way, you will get a cost-effective rowing machine and saves your extra cash.
· Step 3 – Determine what you plan to use it for
You must know your aim. You are aware of all the reasons for which you are going to buy this machine. If you don’t know the reasons, you will never take advantage of this machine in an effective manner. So, a few things thatoneshould consider are:
- Is this for home or commercial use?
Pay some attention to this major point. Is it the machine for home or commercial use? Do you know the difference between home use machines and commercial use machines?
The one big difference between these machines is that the home use machines are easy to assemble and are easy to use without any instructor, whereas the commercial use machines are a little heavier in weight, and also they are slightly big in size and need regular maintenance. So make sure about what you are going to buy.
- Are you an off-season rower planning to use this machine to train?
It doesn’t matter whether it is on-season or off-season. You are able to make use of this machine in any season.
Rowing machines are not limited to use by people of some ages or groups as these are the machines best for all types of persons and ages. If you are a fitness enthusiast, make use of the water rower machines.
- Number of people are going to use it
If you’re not going to be the only one using it, chances are the other people who have different strength and fitness levels. So before purchase, always check that the machine you are going to purchase contains an adjustable resistance level feature.
Even if the machine is just for you, adjustable resistance is a great option because as your strength and fitness level increase, so does the resistance offered by the machine.
· Step 4 –Get knowledge of the resistance types
Rowing machines have four different resistance types, and each one has a set of characteristics unique to that type.
So it is an important thing to consider. You have to get some knowledge about the rower resistance types so that you will know how it actually works.
Types of Resistance:
- Hydraulic Piston
Hydraulic pistons provide resistance, and the resistance is usually adjustable, meaning people with different fitness levels will be able to use this machine type.
They typically have a smaller frame, which makes it great for people who don’t have a lot of workout space, and it’s quiet, so it’s perfect to use in front of the television.
Unlike all other resistance types, this type least resembles the feel of rowing on water, but it’s still a great full-body workout machine. These are featured as the lowest-priced out of all the resistance types.
This is the most common type of resistance you might see at different health clubs. A spinning flywheel is what provides resistance, and the amount of air that flows in the flywheel creates the resistance.
The intensity of the rowing session determines Resistance-level, so if you row with more depth, the resistance will be more difficult; if you row with less intensity, the resistance will be less difficult.
The rowing motion is similar to rowing on the water and is the preferred machine for off-season rowers and athletes. Because it produces wind, the rower makes a bit of noise and has a more extended seat rail, which makes it an excellent machine for taller people.
The benefit of the long seat rail means it takes up more floor space than a typical rowing machine, which makes it challenging to own if you have limited space to use it in. It’s typically priced higher than hydraulic pistons, but less than magnetic and water rowers.
In this type of rower resistance, the whole machine is powered by an electromagnetic brake system that creates no friction and is very quiet. Resistance is usually adjustable, and its features are similar to an air-resistance rower without the noise, but the rowing motion typically isn’t as smooth, and the price is usually higher.
In this type, energy is provided by the paddles to create resistance. Like an air-resistance rower, its resistance-level is also determined by the user’s rowing intensity.
Besides, resistance can be further adjusted by adjusting the amount of water in the water tank; more water = more resistance; less water = less resistance.
This resistance-type simulates the rowing motion on the water the best. It creates a reasonable noise while in use because of the paddles spinning in the water.
Still, it adds to the overall rowing experience because it’s refreshing and sounds similar to rowing on the water.
The frame is typically long, and the unit is more substantial than the other resistance types because of the water tank. It’s also the most expensive, so this type is recommended for hard-core rowers or those that want true-to-life rowing on-water experience.
· Step 5 – Read Reviews of Rowing Machines
Well, now, you have a better idea of what you’re looking for. Now, it’s time to read reviews of rowing machines so that you will make a better choice.
Having a budget and other preferences in mind before you start reading reviews will save you a lot of time because you won’t be wasting any more time on such machines you’re not interested in.
A good rowing machine review site will go over all of the details of every machine including resistance type, an overview of the fitness monitor, build quality, comfort, storage options; user capacity limits, assembly and warranty information, pros and cons, and most importantly will let you know what owners of the machines have to say about the rower.
Buying a rowing machine is not an easy task, but if you follow these five steps, it will you’re your money and time as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which model is the best from Xterra Rowing Machine?
If it comes to the point of best Xterra rowing machine, then we recommend you to buy the model of Xterra ERG700. It is one of the best efficient working machines that will help you to achieve your fitness goals at home.
This machine equipped with a sturdy frame and high-quality material that ensures its durability and high performance.
Is Xterra Fitness Erg700 Rower good for Home Use?
Yes, Of course, it is one of the best equipment of fitness to use for the home. It comes in a sleek design, along with the inclusion of the best features in it.
As it is a water rower machine that already clears the doubt of loud voice and makes it the best for home use. This machine is very effortless in assembling.
Do you need any extra tools for assembly?
It depends as it varies from machine to machine. Most of the time, these types of machines come with an easy to install feature so that one can easily assemble in a few minutes. But sometimes, it needs some extra tools for assembly.
But, all the reviewed Xterra rower machines come up with the user manual and necessary tools for the straightforward setup of this machine at home.
What is the overall width of the handle?
The width of the handle depends on the model you are going to purchase. All models, either from Xterra or some other company, include a reliable handle so that you can easily do exercise with the use of this handle.
The standard width of a handle on any rowing machine is noticed 8ft. Although, handles on any rowing machine is the feature to consider when buying especially for home use.